Do I Need a Lawyer?
January 8, 2024 – Michael S. Herman, Jr., Esq.
Do I Need a Lawyer?
When an individual sustains an injury or experiences bodily harm, they often wonder: Should I hire a lawyer? The answer depends on various factors. To determine whether legal representation is required, consult with a seasoned personal injury attorney in Jupiter, Florida.
Our personal injury lawyers will conduct a free case evaluation to determine your ability to seek compensation for your injuries, explore your available options, and guide your informed decisions regarding your injury case. As the Voice for Florida Injury Victims, let us provide insights into the relevant and applicable laws for your circumstances and assess your likelihood of success based on the evidence.
How Can a Lawyer Help Me Win My Personal Injury Case?
When you enlist the assistance of a personal injury lawyer in Jupiter, Florida, you’ll have a seasoned legal representative on your side, tirelessly working to seek the compensation you need in the aftermath of an injury caused by someone else’s negligence or misconduct.
Founding Partner and Shareholder Dan Britto is distinguished as a Board-Certified Trial Lawyer from the Florida Bar, an accomplishment held by approximately only 1% of lawyers in Florida. This title of Board-Certified Civil Trial Lawyer means he has been recognized for his extensive knowledge and experience in advocating for his clients’ interests in civil trial matters. This significant accomplishment required passing a rigorous exam, demonstrating a high level of knowledge, and showing a significant amount of experience in civil trial law, including many jury trials. The process also includes a vigorous peer review by other Board-Certified attorneys, judges, and even opposing counsel. Lawyers are evaluated on their experience, knowledge, and professionalism before earning board certification in Florida.
Due to our combined 25-plus years of experience representing insurance companies, we know how they operate, and we leverage that knowledge to serve our clients. To determine the appropriate compensation for each client, we consider various factors, such as the extent of the injuries, the available coverage, and the nature and implications of the injuries sustained.
Our trial lawyers have spent years defending condominium associations and homeowners’ associations in negligence claims, giving us unique insight into how insurance companies and their employees assess and approach these claims. We know how to seek the maximum recovery if you suffered injury due to the negligence of a condominium association or a homeowners’ association.
At Britto & Herman Injury Lawyers, our dedicated, experienced, and aggressive representation has recovered millions in Florida. We know how to win and go above and beyond to seek the maximum compensation on your behalf. The many essential steps we take in an injury case may include:
- Thoroughly investigating the accident scene, gathering evidence like photographs and videos
- Procuring and reviewing accident reports and police reports
- Interviewing witnesses to gather crucial information
- Identifying responsible parties and their insurance providers
- Validating insurance coverage and policy limits
- Securing medical records and discussing your condition with healthcare professionals
- Collaborating with expert witnesses, such as accident reconstructionists, medical experts, and financial specialists
- Handling all communication and claim filing with insurance companies
- Compiling a comprehensive settlement demand package for the insurance company
- Skillfully negotiating for a fair settlement amount
- Preparing and filing a personal injury lawsuit, if required
- Conducting discovery, filing motions, and preparing for trial
- Presenting your case in front of a jury during trial
Throughout the claims procedure, a personal injury attorney in Jupiter, Florida, remains adaptable in their approach, taking into account new evidence and advancements in the case. Our legal team keeps you informed of developments pertaining to your case, enabling us to modify our strategy if needed. We persistently strive to maximize your recovery and pursue your interests. We are readily available to address any questions or concerns you may have.
Common Reasons Why You May Need a FLORIDA Attorney for a Personal Injury Case
Insurance companies often fail to handle claims impartially, and they often exploit the fact that individuals without legal representation may be unaware of their rights, the compensation that may be due to them, and their chances of winning a lawsuit. Insurance companies often will not hesitate to take advantage of people who do not have proper legal support.
Be aware that more complex types of injury cases — such as those illustrated below — will typically require the guidance of a personal injury attorney in Florida:
- You have sustained severe or catastrophic injuries, such as traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- The accident and related injuries have caused significant financial losses
- Your injuries have led to permanent impairments or disabilities
- There is a dispute regarding liability for the accident or injury
- Multiple parties may bear responsibility for your injuries and losses
- The opposing party alleges that you bear partial responsibility for the accident or injury
- Your injury involves a wrongful death
- The insurance company has denied your claim or is prolonging the settlement process
- You are uncertain about the value of your injury or accident claim
If you’re not sure if you need legal representation, we strongly encourage you to schedule a free case evaluation to discuss your case. We believe that seeking the necessary legal guidance to safeguard your rights following any injuries you may have sustained in Florida is crucial. We will assess your options to help you determine your next steps.
Contact Britto & Herman Injury Lawyers Now for More Information
Our law firm offers a contingency fee arrangement for injury cases. This means that you won’t be charged for our legal services unless we successfully recover money for you. We only retain a percentage of the recovery as our fee when we win a case.
Reach out to our office at (561) 835-5555(561) 835-5555 with your personal injury questions or to schedule a free case evaluation either in person at our centrally located office on Indiantown Road or virtually. Because we serve all Florida counties, we offer paperless sign-ups. Our personal injury attorneys are available 24/7.
Ask a question, describe your situation,
Request a Free Consultation
Your Information Is Safe With Us
We respect your privacy. The information you provide will be used to answer your question or to schedule an appointment if requested.